We are independently owned and part of a worldwide community of over 4000 True Value retail stores committed to winning customers through renowned customer service. At Farver True Value Rental and Home Center, we pride ourselves on meeting the variety of home improvement needs in our local community. Farver True Value has been building relationships with it’s customers for nearly 25 years in and around the Newton area. Since its establishment in 1993 we have become a leader in the community offering a full line of goods, equipment and party rental as well as a full service small engine shop. We offer competitive pay and paid training.
As the seasonal part time or full time rental and floor associate, you’ll play a critical role in promoting Rental and Hardware sales while ensuring that all customers receive high levels of customer service consistent with our True Value brand. As a rental and floor associate, you will be responsible in processing rental contracts, delivery and set up of equipment such as tents, tables, chairs and bounce houses. While working on the floor you will help customers find goods for their project and provide helpful advice. At times you will assist in maintaining inventory and operating efficiencies in all departments.
Requires morning, afternoon, and evening availability any day of the week and weekend; physical ability to move large, bulky and/or heavy merchandise/equipment; physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, setting up party goods in hot weather conditions and other activities necessary to perform job duties. At times this can be a very physically demanding job.
Essential job duties:
- Deliver, set-up and tear-down of party rental equipment.
- Cut keys, fill propane, help customers load and unload equipment and other product.
- Deliver rental and customers small and large equipment.
- Greet, Assist and advise customers in finding product to make their project a success.
- Stock product as it is received.
- Perform daily inventory checks.
- Assist at times in merchandising new and existing product as needed by department managers.
- Continuously clean, organize and face product.
- Assist all departments as needed.
- Attend employee meetings as needed.
Qualifications a successful candidate will have:
- Background in DIY, small engines and hardware. (Industry qualifications a plus)
- Positive attitude, extremely friendly and outgoing.
- 2-4 years’ retail and/or rental sales experience.
- Strong background in customer service and leadership.
- Exceptional sales history and skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and follow through skills.
- Motivated Team player.
- High attention to detail.