Farver True Value, is currently looking for a Technician to work on small to large engine equipment. This individual will be responsible for fixing customer equipment as well as maintain and repair equipment in our rental department. Farver True Value is a dealer and service center for many brands of small engine equipment. We offer competitive pay and paid training.
Essential job duties:
- Performs basic/complex diagnostics on customer equipment to determine what repairs are needed
- Performs basic/complex repairs on engine equipment as requested by the service manager or owner/manager.
- Operate vehicles, tools, and equipment used in equipment pre-delivery and set-up processes
- Prepares all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments.
- Accounts for all time and material used in performing assigned duties
- Maintains current product knowledge of engine products.
- Maintains condition of vehicles, tools and equipment.
Qualifications a successful candidate will have:
- Experience with 2 cycle equipment such as; chain saws, blowers, multi-purpose units and string trimmers etc.
- Experience with Honda generators and water pumps.
- Experience with welding and fabrication.
- Experience with larger equipment and automobiles.
- Experience with the repair of commercial mowing and residential mowing equipment.
- Understand electrical and hydraulic theory of operation and diagnostics.
Qualifications of manufactures that are desired:
**Briggs, Kohler, Kawasaki, Stihl, Honda, Generac, Cub Cadet**
Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. Ability to climb up and down on equipment as needed. High School Diploma or equivalent. Clean driving record. Ability to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays.
Job Type: Full-time and billable positions available