We are independently owned and part of a worldwide community of over 4000 True Value retail stores committed to winning customers through renowned customer service. At Farver True Value Rental and Home Center, we pride ourselves on meeting the variety of home improvement needs in our local community. Farver True Value has been building relationships with its customers for nearly 25 years in and around the Newton area. Since its establishment in 1993 we have become a leader in the community offering a full line of goods, equipment and party rental as well as a full service small engine repair shop. We offer competitive pay and paid training.
As the Rental Department Manager, you’ll play a critical role in promoting equipment and party rental sales while ensuring that all customers receive high levels of customer service consistent with our True Value brand. As the Rental Department Manager, you will manage customer reservations and see that all equipment is rented to customers in an expectable and working manner. You will also maintain inventory and operating efficiencies in your department. In addition, you will be responsible for, merchandising, inventory control, safety, and loss prevention in order to promote sales and meet profit goals.
Requires morning, afternoon, and evening availability any day of the week and weekend; physical ability to move large, bulky and/or heavy merchandise/equipment; physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, setting up party goods in hot weather conditions and other activities necessary to perform job duties. At times this can be a very physically demanding job.
Essential job duties:
- Deliver, set-up, and teardown of party rental equipment.
- Cut keys, fill propane, help customers load and unload equipment and other product.
- Deliver rental and customers small and large equipment.
- Greet, assist and advise customers in finding products to make their project a success.
- Prepare weekly warehouse orders.
- Prepare and send special vendor orders as needed.
- Stock product as it is received (not limited to your department).
- Meet with vendor reps as needed.
- Perform daily inventory checks.
- Merchandise new and existing product in your department.
- Continuously clean and organize product.
- Assist other departments as needed.
- Keep detailed notes of your preformed duties.
- Assist all departments as needed.
- Attend employee meetings as needed.
Qualifications a successful candidate will have:
- Extensive background in Plumbing and Electrical goods and repair. (Industry qualifications a plus)
- Positive attitude, extremely friendly and outgoing.
- 2-4 years’ retail sales and management experience.
- Strong background in customer service and leadership.
- Exceptional sales history and skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and follow through skills.
- Motivated Team player.
- High attention to detail.